The brand, quality, and build of your current chicken plucker can make a huge difference in the amount of time and effort you put in cleaning your poultry. To maximize your result and optimize time, pick some of the best chicken plucker machines we’d recommend below!
TOP 7 Best Chicken Plucker Machines Reviews
Yardbird Chicken Plucker
The Yardbird is workable for virtually any setting without comprising quality plucking performance. If you are in dire need of a chicken de-feathering machine that can be used daily without hassle, then Yardbird may fit the bill.
Let’s take a look at some advantages and cons of the Yardbird Chicken Plucker:
Yardbird plucker video reviews
What we like
- It comes with helpful instructions that make it easy to assemble.
- Cleans two decent sized birds in just 15 seconds
- When assembled correctly, the machine is strong and stable.
- Does not cause tearing or bruising in the skin of birds
- Much faster and easier than plucking by hand
- Works on ducks, chickens, and other birds, as well.
- Hooks up to hose to flush out feathers to a single location for convenient cleaning.
What we don’t like:
- Cleaning can take extra time as feathers get trapped at the base of the fingers
- The power switch is out of sight and takes some practice to get used to finding and using it.
- Wheels are slightly small, and you will need to tilt the machine quite a bit to move it easily.
EZPLUCKER EZ-151 Stainless Steel Chicken Plucker Defeather Machine
If you’re searching for a machine that will allow you to take care of larger loads of poultry at once, then this chicken plucker may be the right choice for you. It is crucial to examine the pros and cons of any chicken plucker you’re considering:
What we like
- You complete large loads of poultry within a much shorter timespan than if you pluck by hand
- Aside from chickens, it plucks ducks, small turkeys and even pheasants
- Within 20 seconds, your poultry is cleaned
- Good quality and spray-painted welds
- You can pluck up to 4 birds at one time
- Option to purchase a model with wheels for transportability
- The machine is durably constructed
- Costs only slightly more than assembling a DIY chicken plucker and provides the advantage of being already fully assembled
- Machine cleanup is straightforward and easy
What we don’t like:
- Takes a bit of time and effort to hook up your hose with the chicken plumber
- Company service is lacking, and the user manual is not especially helpful
- Wheels do not work well on uneven grass or ground
Starpluck SP-1 Chicken Plucker Defeather Machine Stainless Steel
The Starpluck Chicken Plucker is another possible option for you to consider, and this is why it is #3 on our list of the best chicken plucker.
Also, it is less expensive than the previous machine, the EZPLUCKER. This chicken plucker is a great option if you’re searching for use in smaller-scale operations, such as homesteads.
With this particular chicken de-feathering machine, you will be able to defeat her up to 12 pounds worth of poultry at one time, if you’d like! It will likely deliver efficiency and a satisfactory product. The pros and cons of the Startpluck are highlighted below:
Starpluck sp-1 chicken plucker defeather video
What we like
- The company has great customer service
- The machine needs just ten to twenty seconds to pluck poultry efficiently
- The machine has a very strong motor
- The tub for feathers and water is made of stainless steel, making for an easy cleanup process
- Works well when used to pluck 1 or 2 chickens at a time
- Value option that yields good quality results
- Cost is only slightly more than building your own Whizbang chicken plucker
- Works very well with chickens, ducks, and turkeys
What we don’t like:
- Does not have a water line with which to connect your hose
- Does not come with clear instructions about how to pluck poultry properly
- Does not work well with birds who have new feather growth
- The machine could be improved with the addition of more plucking feathers
Josas Chicken Plucker
With 24 fingers, this machine is one of the best chicken plucker fingers you’d ever find in any marketplace. It does a fine job, and you will have saved a lot of money compared to other brands.
If you find a drill with adjustable speed and utilize the lower speed with this plucker, you may find that your plucking process is changed and simplified. To help you understand if this is a feasible option for you, try reading a bit more about the machine’s pros and cons.
What we like:
- Extremely durable construction
- Comes with helpful and detailed instructions on how to pluck poultry successfully
- Great machine to use even for a complete beginner; there is no skill required
- With proper scalding, plucking is very exact
- Plucks poultry in about one minute
- The machine can be used to pluck chickens, ducks, pheasants, and even other poultry
What we don’t like:
- Cleanup is messy
- A drill is not included with the machine, must supply your own
- Need to clean and unclog fingers from poultry oils after every few birds to maintain proper functioning
- It Will not fit a standard drill, and you will need to buy a specific drill attachment
- May cause birds’ skin to tear if not approached carefully
VEVOR Poultry Plucker 15W 500R
Being one of the best chicken plucker machines, it is designed primarily and uniquely for small birds, so if that is what you’re interested in, read on about the pros and cons of this machine.
What we like
- Comes with a lid to promote easier cleanup
- More reasonably priced than many competitors
- Ideal for use by campers, hunters, hobbyists, and others who want to operate on a smaller scale
- Works very well with small-sized chickens and other small poultry
- Made with sturdy stainless steel
- Works very fast on fresher birds
- If birds are previously scalded properly, with pluck tediously and accurately
What we don’t like:
- Machine cleaning is a bit difficult
- Does not have a water hookup for the hose
- It Will work very slowly if you try it with larger birds
Mophorn Poultry Plucker
- It is considered affordable
- Works best with small birds
Value For Money?
While this isn’t the best option for someone rearing chickens, if dove, quail, or wood pigeon is your meat of choice, this is a reasonably priced investment. An ideal option for the outdoorsman.
Power Plucker Kit
This, like the Joasas, is a drill-mounted plucker, and it is worth noting that the knife blade is not stainless steel, and therefore will need to be thoroughly cleaned and dried after each kill.
- Comes with practical accessories
- Plucker is 26 gauge steel for increased durability
- A knife is not stainless steel and is prone to rust
- Plucker is not as effective as others on the market
Value For Money?
With the Power Plucker, it is a case of “you get what you pay for.” This is a very affordable plucker and might suit someone simply looking to prepare the occasional bird for their table. However, a producer of any scale would be better off investing a little more in a more efficient model.
With this we come to the ratings of the best Chicken plucker machine for sale.
Advantages Of Having A Chicken Plucker
You might be asking yourself if there is a need for you to invest in a chicken de-feathering machine? That’s a question you only can provide an answer to.
If you feel that feather plucking birds is taking too much of your time and effort, then acquiring an automatic chicken plucker may be a good choice for you.
Having a chicken plucker machine of your own could ease your workload. You might find that you move more quickly and get more work done overall.
What Exactly Does A Chicken Plucker Machine Do?
If up till this moment, you have been defeathering your poultry by hand, then you might not know how an automatic chicken plucker works. It’s simple enough to understand that a chicken plucker machine will do the work that you’ve been doing yourself while saving you from spending unnecessary energy.
One major reason that might propel you to invest in a chicken plucker is that they work at very high, and subsequently more efficient, speeds than you can ever reach by hand. Not only are these machines faster, but they pluck more feathers for you. You will likely find that you get a faster and better result with much less work involved.
Chicken plucker machines are created with special “fingers” that are long enough to pluck the feathers from even the hardest parts of your poultry. To think: you would no longer need to stress over whether or not you removed all the feathers from the right places.
Do not worry yourself about the machine’s ability to keep working fast even when it’s filled with feathers. They are designed with special filters that frequently clean the feathers out of the work area to ensure that the machine continues working at optimal performance level.
This means that you will be able to clean numerous chicken’s in a row without a break if you want.
If you’re wondering whether you’ll have to refine the plucking and make finishing touches after the machine does its job, then the answer is no. The design works in such a way that birds are reexamined for missed feathers after the original plucking.
How To Choose The Right Chicken Plucker For You
There are various chicken plucker machines available on the marketplace, so you should consider exactly what features you’re looking for in your machine.
Chicken pluckers are normally made with unique purposes in mind. To pick the right plucker, you need to be certain what exactly you’re trying to do and under what circumstances.
Below are some factors to consider while you search and learn more about different chicken pluckers:
- What kind(s) of birds are you planning to pluck with your machine?
- How fast do you want the chicken de-feathering process to go? This can influence your choice in plucker size!
- Where will you keep your plucker(s)? Have you allotted a certain area for them? Keep in mind the size of your available space versus the size of the plucker machines.
- Do you want a portable chicken de-feathering machine? There are options available to choose from
- Be clear about your budget when looking for the best chicken plucker machine and spend your energy plus time on machines that fall within an affordable range for you.
Do not be too anxious or worry about searching for your chicken plucker. Although it may seem like there are many things to consider, if you spend some time thinking about what you need, you may discover that your search will go very smoothly.
Do you know How to Incubate Chicken Eggs? This task becomes easier when using a chicken egg incubator.
Can I Make My Own Chicken Plucker?
The short and simple answer to your question is yes, you can. There are lots of DIY Chicken Pluckers/homemade chicken plucker-making waves across the globe.
It is up to you to decide whether you are up to and interested in taking on the project of crafting the best home chicken plucker from scratch.
Why is this an option to consider?
Building your chicken plucker comes with the freedom of customizing every important aspect of the machine to suit your specific needs.
If you decide to buy a ready-made product, you may find one that suits your needs well, but it is unlikely that you would find one that works as if it were custom-made just for you.
Another factor to reason when making your DIY chicken plucker is that it gives you control of the supplies involved, giving you financial flexibility.
You would decide the quality of supplies to use. You could choose to be frugal or choose to splurge on the ideal chicken plucker! Plus, if you build your chicken plucker, then you will know exactly what needs to be done in the case of any machine malfunctions.
Check out this video of a homemade Whizbang chicken plucker to see for yourself if that option seems feasible:
Best Commercial Chicken Plucker
The search for the best chicken defeathering machine gave rise to the best commercial chicken plucker. The best commercial chicken plucker is: Dux Industries Deluxe Plucker Chicken Defeather Commercial Cleaning Machine
Dux Industries Deluxe Plucker Chicken Defeather Commercial Cleaning Machine
If you love a top quality item with many useful features at a reasonable price, go for this!. You can read reviews from buyers to find out more from their experience.
Also, this commercial chicken plucker is a product worth the price. Below are the features, pros, and cons of this product.
- The Deluxe Plucker can be used to pluck any kind of bird with feathers in as little as 30 seconds (how shway is that?)
- Designed to employ high torque, fractional horsepower
- Main Structure of the Deluxe Plucker is Composed of White High Density Polyvinyl Material (HDPV)
- Removable Steel Grate on top and a Steel Belt Guard on the side
- 1725 RPM Motor
- Plucker Drum Includes 28 Fingers
- Four Removable Steel Legs that bolt to the plucker making it stand approximately 33 Inches off the ground
- Pluck any poultry with feathers in as little as 30 seconds.
- The drum of this plucker uses 28 fingers to rub the feathers off of the bird
- High torque, fractional horsepower, 1725 rpm motor
- Deluxe plucker is composed of white high density polyvinyl material (HDPV). The HDPV is food grade material and is easy to clean
- 4 removable steel legs that bolt to the side of the plucker
It’s a bit pricey but that’s expected for a machine with such abilities on a commercial scale
Specifications When Collapsed
- Length: 40 Inches
- Width: 17 Inches
- Height: 16 Inches
- Weight with motor: 60 Lbs
- (1) One DuxIndustries Deluxe Plucker Machine
- (1) One Electric 1725RPM Motor
- (28) Twenty-Eight Fingers
- (4) Four Removable Steel Legs
The [TITLE] Details
- Amazon Sales Rank: #466518 in Health and Beauty
- Brand: Dux Industries
- Model: DELUXE
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 16.00″ h x 17.00″ w x 40.00″ l, 60.00 pounds
Want to know the mother of all chicken pluckers? Find out below!
For small-scale, the Joss 24 Finger Plucker, while requiring a drill to operate, is the best all-around poultry de-featherer, as it offers the versability of plucking many varieties of birds. At the same time, other pluckers are designed more for smaller breeds of chickens, specifically. The Josas is also an affordable plucker, and therefore a good buy for those with only a modest income from their birds.
You will agree with me that the overall most reliable choice is the Yardbird Chicken Plucker. While you will need to be prepared to make a financial investment, you will discover that it is worth it if you are serious about altering your plucking process. The Yardbird Chicken Plucker is versatile for use on different birds, portable, easy to assemble, transportable, and will speed up your plucking process with minimal hassle.
But don’t worry, if the Yardbird or the Joss 24 Finger Plucker doesn’t seem quite to fit your desires, check out the other options on this list. If you’re looking to streamline your plucking process, there is an option out there for you!
Leave a Reply