The best temp gun for reptiles allows you to quickly and accurately measure surface temperatures (Source).
Digital temperature guns use infrared thermometers as well as tech sophisticated laser hardware to gather these temperatures without making direct contact.
This is vital because a non-contact thermometer allows you to get the correct temperature of a moving target(s) or services(s) that are extremely hot.
Some users even describe using it to check how hot their microwaved food is!
Once you select and buy one of these infrared temperature guns it’s doubtless that you will enter a phase where you become addicted to measuring the temperature of everything around your house(yourself included).
Generally speaking, on average, most models can measure a temperature range of -32°C to 530°C, which is -26°F to 986°F.
Below, we’d take a look at the best temp gun for reptiles based on customer reviews.
Our Top Pick of Digital Temperature Guns: The Etekcity Lasergrip
- EtekCity says that it is ideal for using when barbequing & cooking, doing auto-repair work, performing common home repairs, etc.
- Includes a backlit LCD screen and an auto power off function to extend battery life
- Measures from -58℉-1022℉ (-50℃～550℃)
- Features a distance to spot ratio is 12:1
These instruments have a wide range of applications and many non-users are not aware of their complete potential.
Using laser pointer beam, all you need to do really is to just aim at an object, even if it’s small, then press the trigger and the screen will reveal the temperature.
Let’s take a look at five of the best-selling digital thermometer laser point temperature guns on the market today.
Best Temp Gun for Reptiles Comparison Table
|Best Digital Temperature Guns||Our Rating||Review|
|The Aidbucks A530 Infrared Digital Thermometer Gun||4.9||Great|
|The Etekcity Lasergrip Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer||4.6||Great|
|The Masione Temperature Gun||4.6||Good|
|The Nubee 8380H Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun||4.5||Good|
|The LP Digital Infrared Thermometer||4.7||excellent|
The Aidbucks A530 Infrared Digital Thermometer Gun Review
This is one of the best temp gun for reptiles out there and it is real effective, affordable and very easy to use.
This non-contact infrared digital thermometer laser point is uniquely designed and crafted by Aidbucks for fast and accurate measurement of various surface temperatures between the ranges of -32℃ to 530℃. This infrared thermometer makes use of advanced laser technology to project at various places without making direct contact.
But, you may find the automatic turn off function after seven seconds slightly annoying. You can use this temp gun for pets both outdoors and indoors and store it safely.
This non-contact thermometer can be majorly used for measuring the temperatures of objects with high levels of cold or heat temperature or of moving objects.
You can use this device to check the cooling system of your car, scan insulation leakage in your home, temperature of catalytic convertor, brakes, tires, wooden oven, food before serving, etc.
- The temperature gun is made of top-quality plastic, which protects the thermometer in case it drops. So it’s very durable.
- The Data Hold feature turns on when you press mode switch for 2 seconds. It helps you store 32 readings in the inbuilt memory
- The product is approved from FDA and FCC and is compliant with RoHS
- Be a responsible parent by keeping the temperature gun away from the reach of children so that they do not use the laser beam targeted to the eyes
- You cannot use the laser beam beyond 2 feet of distance
- Liquids like tea, soup,etc. give lower temperature readings than solids at the similar temperature
- Some users find the temperature readings a little hazy because of difference in surfaces
The Etekcity Lasergrip Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Review
As expected, it is effective, durable and long lasting.
This non-contact Digital Laser IR Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun is based on the principle of point, aim, and measure. The Etekcity Lasergrip is available in a combination of Black and Yellow colors.
The best part of this product is that you do not have to set it up –it’s ready to use right out of the box.
You can use this device to safely measure extreme ranges of temperature from -58°F to 1022°F or -50°C to 550°C, without contacting any surface, ever. The Etekcity Lasergrip is a best buy if you are looking for a digital thermometer at a relatively cheap price.
- Easy to handle and use
- You can easily store the handy product that gives you a good grip
- It does not work beyond the distance of one foot
- You cannot use the digital thermometer for safety related equipment
- It reads the temperature of only one inch where you point it. Beyond that range, the reading is skewed
The Masione Temperature Gun Review
This sits at the #3 spot of our best temp guns for reptiles review.
This non-contact, Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer is a great household commercial product. Commonly, it can measure surface temperature within a range of -58°F to 716°F (-50 ~ 380℃). It is easy to handle in your hand and comes with a battery.
An expert user has claimed the accuracy of the product to be ±1.5℃ or ±1.5%. You have the option to turn on/ off the backlight manually.
Some reptile pet parent find the auto turn off feature of this temperature gun slightly bothersome. Overall- another solid option to consider.
- This is one of the best temperature gun and is extremely handy, versatile, and consistent for instant readings of temperature for work or home related applications
- You get two AAA batteries required for its operation along with the product delivery
- It may slip from your hand despite the grooves provided on the handle, if you are working with oils in the garage or kitchen
The Nubee 8380H Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun Review
This non-contact, Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun comes is capable of reading extremely high surface temperatures- with the data saved at the base of the screen.
The EMS adjustable function allows the digital temperature gun to make accurate readings ccording to the emissivity of a particular surface. You can measure the temperature in the range of 50°C to 380°C or -58 °F to 716°F. Yet another solid option to consider.
- The red laser pointer makes the aiming more precise
- The auto shut off feature of the gun is a great attribute in case you forget it turned on
- The bright screen of the gun is an added advantage
- The low battery indicator warns you beforehand to charge or replace the battery
- The result may not be very accurate sometimes. You may find a difference of 3-4 degrees Celsius
- The temperature gun lacks durability
The LP Digital Infrared Thermometer Review
The last on our ratings of the best temp gun for reptiles; this non-contact temperature Gun by LP comes with an LCD Laser Sight– once you the reading by pointing the laser at a surface, you can take immediate readings in your hand.
The thermometer comes in a combination black and yellow. Crawling pet parents like that this product requires zero set up.
The laser guidance gives you an accurate idea of which spot to aim at. You can measure surface temperature in the range of -58°F to 1022°F or -50°C to 550°C.
- You can use it both indoors and outdoors
- You can use it for measuring extreme temperatures such as that of internal electronic equipment, boiling liquids, oven, hot surfaces, and many more
- Poor packaging and instructions
- The grip is a little slippery- you may risk dropping it if you are not careful
- It does not come with a warranty
- The case of the gun comes without a belt loop
Using the Best Temperature Gun
Digital temperature guns frequently include an array of measuringt range and measurement accuracy of + or -1.5% +1°C.
The distance spot ratio is generally around 12:1. When using your digital thermometer gum, keep in mind that the maximum/minimum value will let you know the measurement of the maximum and minimum temperature values.
The AidBucks digital temperature gun will record 32 sets of data so that you will be able to measure multiple objects temperatures all at the same time.
A handy feature that most of the digital temperature guns have is an automatic off functionality so that the battery doesn’t drain out- there’s also a low battery warning so that you can swap out the battery or replace it before it dies.
If you are looking to buy the best digital temperature guns, check out our comparison table and review of the products above. You will surely find on that meets your requirements.
One user describes enjoying how ergonomic the non-contact digital thermometer is.
He describes using it to measure his pizza oven, to assess teas, soups, and microwaved foods, as well as wall and ground temperatures. More professionally he uses it to set up thermostats and optimize his indoor heating by finding cold spots.
In general, these are really useful devices that have a wide lots of different applications. whether you are a a business owner with more commercial applications or an homeowner conducting due diligence regarding your indoor heating, you can find an inexpensive and high quality digital thermometer that’s right for you.
What is the Best Temperature Gun?
- Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun
- Etekcity Lasergrip 774 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun
- Amprobe IR-730 Infrared Thermometer
- Fluke 62 MAX IR Thermometer
What is the Best Infrared Temperature Gun?
- Fluke 62 MAX Plus IR Thermometer
- Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer
- Nubee NUB8500H Temperature Gun
- URCERI Digital IR Laser Infrared Thermometer
- EnnoLogic eT1050D Temperature Gun
- Tacklife IT-T08 Temperature Gun
- Fluke 568 Infrared Thermometer
What Temp Does A Bearded Dragon Need?
Juvenile bearded dragons require similar temperatures as a baby. The basking area can be slightly cooler, ranging from 95 to 105 degrees F. The cooler area needs to be about 80 to 90 degrees F with juveniles as well.
How Does A Laser Temperature Gun Work?
The laser is merely used to indicate the exact point of measurement. The infrared thermometer itself is what is measuring the temperature of the surface of whatever object you want. It does this by measuring the infrared energy being emitted from the object.
How Hot Is A Laser?
By zapping a piece of aluminum with the world’s most powerful x-ray laser, physicists have heated matter to 3.6 million degrees Fahrenheit (2 million degrees Celsius)—making it briefly the hottest thing on Earth.
Are IR thermometers accurate?
Forehead thermometers use an infrared sensor to measure the heat from the forehead. Some studies have found forehead thermometers highly accurate, while others found them not as reliable as rectal thermometers—considered the gold standard by many physicians.
If you’d be getting any digital temperature guns this year, make sure it is from one of our recommended list of best temp gun for reptiles.