Just as humans have body hair similarly dogs have fur, fun to play with but sometimes especially in the summer season, it can make the dog uncomfortable.
Whether you’re a professional dog groomer or just a pet owner you would want to make sure that your dog is nice, clean, and maintained.
And grooming the fur is the most important part of your dog’s hygiene why? That’s because if left uncleaned it could result in health issues such as dull and smelly fur, skin irritation, fur thinning, mites, etc.
To avoid any such situation it’s always a good choice to keep a check on your dog’s fur and get it trimmed and cleaned from time to time.
Stay tuned to find out more about dog clippers.
Factors To Consider Before Buying a Dog Shaver Clippers.
Below are mentioned a few areas you must look at before you buy yourself a dog clipper.
- Motor’s Power and Speed
While shaving your dog’s fur the clippers must cut thoroughly and smoothly, if that’s not happening it must be that the motor inside your clipper is Powerful enough.
You can check your clippers RPM (rotations per minute) of your dog clippers is below the required no you have difficulty while shaving.
So do check the power and the speed of the dog clippers before you buy one.
Another thing is that if your dog clipper is too powerful and has high RPM it will generate lots of vibrations, noise.
Sometimes your dog may feel uncomfortable because of the heat generated with high power.
So you have to find the best dog clipper that offers the right amount of power and speed without emitting any noise or heat.
- Heat, Noise & Vibrations
As discussed above the dog clippers have a downside that is they produce vibrations, noise, and heat. But why does that happen?
It could be because the clipper you’re using couldn’t cut through your dog’s course.
And when you forcingly try to shave the motor will heat up and create noise because the motor isn’t powerful enough for your dog’s fur or vice versa.
This will make the dog uncomfortable and irritated, so to avoid any discomfort to your dog choose a clipper that suits your dog’s fur type.
Now when the clipper blades match the fur it’ll easily cut through the coarse.
- Weight & Size
The size and weight of the clippers also matter, it is because the light and compact the clipper is, the more easily you will be able to maneuver it.
Also, you won’t feel any wrist pain and fatigue, but on the flip side, the lighter size means that the vibrations will also be higher.
For sharper detailing of the fur, a more stable and heavier clipper would work best.
In short, while buying a dog clipper make sure that the size and weight of it are compatible with your dog’s fur.
- With Cord & Without Cord
With a cordless dog clipper, you’re ensured better and deep reach on your dog’s fur as there is no cord to limit your reach.
The other to cordless dog clippers is that they are not much powerful, you’ll need to charge it often, and its battery could also wear out in less time.
For a corded dog clipper, your power as much as you want which means no matter if the fur is hard, or soft it’ll get through it easily without any interruption.
The choice completely depends on your convenience. There is no right or wrong when it comes to the design of the dog clipper.
- Clippers Blade
Talking about blades some brands allow the use of only a specifically designed blade the brand itself, whereas some brands do not have any specific blade.
These brand blades can be changed and are easily available in the market. This cut down the cost of these dog clippers.
But the one with their own designed blade comes with a cost as they are made of ceramic material.
Now the clippers brand uses more advanced form blades such as laser technologies, although these are new they work just as normal blades.
Top Oneisall Dog Shaver Clippers
Oneisall Gold 2 Speed Cordless Dog Clipper
This Oneisall Dog clipper comes with 2 modes of adjustable running speed, the first mode with 6300 RPM for thick and long fur and the second one with 5700 RPM best for short fur dogs.
Its 1200mAH battery gives you a power-packed 160 Min of run time with just 4-5 hrs of charging enough to get your dog a clean and good-looking shave.
The ergonomic cordless design on this Oneisall Dog clipper is made to produce zero noise or vibrations.
Its 100% IPX6 waterproof body is completely safe from water. It’s a complete dog clipper that has got most features that you would require to shave your dog.
- Intelligent LCD light indication for indicating the charge status.
- IPX6 waterproof allows it to be rinsed with water without submerging it.
- It’s got a ceramic moving blade and a stainless steel fixed blade to provide the perfect shave to your dog’s fur.
- Its Li-ion battery can be used while charging.
- It also comes with a stainless steel scissor.
- The clipper has 5 fine tuning blade lengths – 0.8mm, 1.1mm, 1.4mm, 1.7mm.
- The clipper weighs 1.1 pounds.
Pros and Cons
- Waterproof 2-speed design for maximum precision
- Intelligent LCD indicators for charging status
It vibrates when used for a long time.
Check out this Oneisall Dog clipper with 3 modes of adjustable running speed to match your requirements.
The intelligent LCD indicates charging status. This will keep you reminding you of the charge left to use so that you can shave your dog without any hassle.
A powerful 2200mAH battery that keeps you busy for almost 300 Min and changes fully in 4hrs, and on top you get to use it even while the charging is on.
The clipper is cordless so you don’t have to worry about the reach, it’s ceramic moving, and the easily detachable blade makes it super easy to use and clean.
- It’s a heavy-duty powerful dog clipper best for dogs with thick and hard fur.
- Its cordless design makes it super convenient to use and shave even the hardest part of dogs.
- Its ceramic moving blade is of high quality and gives a razor-sharp shave.
- Its Li-ion battery can be used even while charging so that you don’t run out of charge ever.
- It weighs about 1.8 pounds.
- You get an LCD for viewing the charge status.
Pros and Cons
- 3-speed heavy-duty powerful motor.
- Long-lasting battery life.
- Safe and sharp ceramic detachable blades.
- May heat up due to its heavy motor
Oneisall Cordless Quiet Electric Dog Shaver Clipper
Looking to shave your dog we’ll if you are the take a look at this 1-speed mode efficient dog clipper.
A cordless dog clipper for flexible usage and its built-in li-ion battery that gives 80 Min of run time with 80 min of charge.
It has a red light to indicate charge status, and its push switch gives it a minimalistic design.
The best thing is that it’s extra quiet with only 50db of noise to keep you comfortable while shaving.
It’s a perfect gift for your dog’s hygiene.
- It has a high-quality ceramic material blade.
- Its wireless body allows it to be used even while the charging is on.
- Low noise motor that only produces as much as 50db.
- Comfortable to use its light on your wrist.
- The blade can be switched from 0.8mm to 2.0mm depending on your dog’s fur.
Pros and Cons
- The temperature gun is made of top-quality plastic, which protects the thermometer in case it drops. So it’s very durable.
- The Data Hold feature turns on when you press mode switch for 2 seconds. It helps you store 32 readings in the inbuilt memory
- The product is approved from FDA and FCC and is compliant with RoHS
- Be a responsible parent by keeping the temperature gun away from the reach of children so that they do not use the laser beam targeted to the eyes
- You cannot use the laser beam beyond 2 feet of distance
- Liquids like tea, soup,etc. give lower temperature readings than solids at the similar temperature
- Some users find the temperature readings a little hazy because of difference in surfaces
Dog Shaver Clippers FAQS
Ans – Dog clippers are designed to remain cool and silenced because other than humans dogs get uncomfortable with the vibrations and noise.
Ans – Simple reasons for your clipper for not cutting could be blade wear, degraded motor power, less or empty battery.
Also, you must oil your blades from time to time.
Ans – Yes, regardless of the quality and brand of the clipper after several uses the blades tend to get wear. This is why you have to get the blades sharpened.
Ans – It depends on your usage of it, assuming for 2 to 3 hrs it can last for 4 to 5 months.
Ans – The clipper gets heated when your clipper can’t throw the fur properly or it’s too powerful for your dog’s fur. To avoid this scenario you must consider the type of your dog’s fur and buy accordingly.
Ans – Smaller and compact clippers will work best for dogs’ sensitive areas because if you use a heavy or powerful clipper it could hurt your dog.
Ans – Heavy duty or clippers for high power motors are recommended for matted fur. As this type of fur is quite hard to cut so only a powerful clipper would work.
So here we are, if you were to get your dog a nice clean shave you’ll need a dog clipper and above you have three of the best Oneisall dog clippers.
For those who are first-time buying a clipper, we know that you have some queries for which you’ll get a comprehensive buying guide to guide you in your dog clipper buying journey.