If you are a pet owner, you know the sadness you feel when you go for a vacation, leaving your furry friends at home. You start missing their cute habits, your moments of snuggling them or cuddling with them on a couch. Not only the physical connection, but you also miss their jumpy and cute activities.
It is not only just about vacations, but also about ordinary day-to-day life. Though we will come back and meet our fur family members by the end of the day, we would want to keep our eyes on their activities throughout the day.
A pet cam is a technological device that lets you monitor your pets anytime you are away. It lets you interact with your pets and hand out celebrations even from a distance.
Why You Should Purchase a Pet Camera
Some of the reasons you should go ahead and use pet cameras are listed below:
- Regardless of the breed, age, size, it is quite natural for your pet to feel depressed and low when they are alone at home. If your dog has a history of separation anxiety, then having a pet cam will help your pup ease up from the anxiety. Due to the camera’s technological arrangements, your fur friend can listen to your voice and get treats that give them the feeling of your physical presence.
2.Specific pet cams also have alert notifications after capturing your pet’s exhaled reactions like barking. So you as an owner can be at ease with the feeling that your pets are doing fine and taken care of if you are not there at home.
3. If you are a frequent traveler, be it for work or your reasons, your pet is left alone at home. Pet cam can come to your rescue in this case and keep you updated about your dog or other pets. You can avoid worrying about your little ones at home while traveling.
4. There are some cameras with built-in toys such as laser pointers. Inbuilt lasers are a fun feature that allows your pets, such as dogs and cats, to keep playing with each other by continuously running and jumping. Thus keep them thoroughly active as well.
5. Pet cameras also have features like a treat dispenser to attract your pet’s attention. They approach the camera, and then we can see and even interact with them.
Now when it is about choosing a good pet camera, there are multiple options. You should keep in mind the image and video quality, design, the camera’s performance, and the price range. Based on these, let us look at the two best pet cameras and make a quick comparison of their features.
Specification Comparison between Pawbo PPC-21 CL and Furbo Dog Camera
Table could not be displayed.
Detailed Comparison of features
Pawbo Vs Furbo: Camera Quality
When coming to the quality of each product’s capture, though Pawbo is cost-effective, you have to compromise a bit on the quality. The resolution of Pawbo is 720 p.and the zoom in 4 X. It does not have night vision features, so it might be challenging to get a clear glimpse of your pet if it is dark.
Furbo is known to be the best in the industry when it comes to camera quality. With a resolution as high as 1080 p, the picture and video quality is fantastic and wonderfully clear. Its dog-specific features comprise a real-time barking alert. It transfers a push notification to your phone when your dog speaks up. You will also know when your dog is in distress and needs constant monitoring. The Furbo camera also has an excellent night vision feature. Therefore, you need not worry when it is dark, or the lights are out.
Winner: Furbo is the winner here due to its better camera quality.
Pawbo Vs Furbo: Connection Possibilities
To set up your Pawbo camera, you need a stable WiFi connection of 2.4 GHz with WPA2-AES encryption.
Furbo also needs a stable WiFi connection of 2.4 GHz and a smartphone. The best part is Furbo is compatible with Alexa as well. You can capture your pets’ still and motion activities through photos and video on your phone/tablet.
Winner: Furbo is the winner as it can be connected to more devices and also capture videos.
Pawbo Vs Furbo: Treat Dispenser
The smaller and firmer the treat type, the better it is for any device you choose.
One of the best features about Pawbo is the treat tosser. It has eight sections inside and gives off from one section each time. Different sections lead to the distribution of multiple treats at the same time for your fur friends.
Furbo distributed just the right type and kind of treat to your pets. It dispenses less crumbly biscuit-type choices. The device tosses the treat on your command (via your phone app or Alexa). It also shoots out treats on a regular interval when you are away. You also have the option to schedule treats whenever you wish to.
Winner: Furbo is the winner as it provides us with the option to schedule treats as per our choice.
Pawbo Vs Furbo: Alerts and notifications
Pawbo allows the connection of multiple devices up to eight devices. You get a notification whenever someone logs into the device.
In the case of Furbo, it has a sensor that helps you detect any form of sound coming out of your pets. You are notified when your pet is barking or mewing. If you enroll for a paid subscription, you get entitled to premium notifications as well, where you get notified whenever a person or a dog or a cat is on the move. Furbo also has a selfie alert. Event-triggered recordings are available for Furbo owners along with Furbo Dog Nanny subscriptions. You can figure out what events and moments you are missing out on.
Winner: Furbo is the winner as it has a wide variety of alerts & notifications.
Pawbo Vs Furbo: Mounting options
Pawbo is a wall-mounted pet cam. This positioning of the camera is helpful as our pet cannot knock off your device. It is sturdy and easy to install. It has dual mounting options. In case you do not want to mount it on a wall, you are free to place it anywhere around where it is more accessible without getting knocked off.
The Furbo is designed to be kept on the floor or a flat surface. But the design is so stable and well built your pet cannot damage it even if they knock it off.
Winner: Furbo is the winner in here because of its design.
Pawbo Vs Furbo: App features
The Pawbo App is available both on iOS and Android devices. It offers a built-in laser game that helps you to interact with your pets when you are away. It authorizes you to share photos and videos online, and you can also transfer them to your dropbox if you want to access them later.
Furbo allows you to toss treats to your pets. You can also make contact with them via the microphone. The app is user-friendly and easy to use. You can connect your social media handles with the app and share photos easily. Some of the premium membership app features in Furbo are – Cloud Recording, Smart Alerts, and Doggie Diary.
Winner: Furbo is the winner as it is more convenient to use.
Pros and Cons
- It is reliable and has high-quality HD live streaming video with 110° field of view
- The pet cam has useful interactive features we’ve seen, including two-way audio, laser toy, treat dispenser, sound effects
- Easy to install and hook up to WiFi
- Excellent customer service
- Intuitive iOS and Android dog camera app
- The footage clarity is excellent and clean
- It does not provide sound detection alerts or motion alerts.
- Cannot sync multiple cameras with the app
- The camera resolution is not at par as compared with other similar products. The visibility is not clear in case of low lighting.
- It does not have night vision mode.
- The camera resolution is impressive, with high-quality HD video.
- Easy to install and connect to WiFi
- Great Interactive features: two-way audio, treat dispenser, bark alerts
- Works smoothly with both iOS and Android app
- It includes a 90-day free trial of Furbo Dog Nanny.
- The treat flinging mechanism available is perfect.
- It has night vision mode.
- The camera angle is more comprehensive at 130 degrees capturing a more extensive view.
- Furbo has an additional feature of distinguishing between sleep mode and active mode. It has an indicator light that turns yellow when the device is in sleep mode and blue when you are using it.
- Dogs can perceive the blue light. Therefore you can theoretically train your dog to take selfies.
- More expensive than other pet cameras
- During set up, initially, sometimes you might face trouble connecting with Bluetooth.
Different pet parents will have different preferences when deciding on a pet cam for themselves and their pets. Though all cameras are equally suitable for multiple pets, Furbo is comparatively better if you are a dog parent. Its feature of dispensing treats and laser lights keeps your dogs very engaged and active. You don’t have to worry about not giving attention to them when you are away from home. Whereas if you are a cat parent, both the products are equally efficient. Another feature is the night vision mode and high resolution with outstanding video quality, which pushes Furbo a step higher than other pet cams. Therefore if you can spend a little more and have room for an increased budget, you can opt for Furbo.
So go ahead and make your purchase and stay out of worry when you are away from your home and fur babies!