It’s a fact that not all cats like an automatic self-cleaning litter box that makes a lot of noise. Cats that are easily scared of electronic devices usually don’t do well with a noisy cat litter box.
Don’t worry if that’s the case with your cat. There’s an affordable solution and it’s called the PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box. In this PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box review you’ll learn why this self-cleaning litter box is worth its money.
PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box Review
Get rid of the hassle of cleaning your pet’s litter box with the Pet Safe Simply Clean Litter Box. This is an innovative and self-cleaning system that works continuously and automatically. The Pet Safe Simply Clean Litter Box is suitable for cats weighing up to 15 pounds. It’s also quiet and simple to use.
The bowl moves one complete rotation in an hour and also gets rid of foul odor and odor-causing bacteria. It does its bit without disturbing your pet; reducing odor and odor-causing bacteria. No special bags required; easy-to-use. The Pet Safe Simply Clean Litter Box continuously cleans without disturbing your cat. The bowl moves one complete rotation in an hour. The Pet Safe Simply Clean Litter Box uses a low-voltage AC adapter.
- category: automatic self-cleaning
- dimensions: 20 x 15 x 15 inches
- weight: 4 pounds
- rating: 4.4
- self-cleaning litter box for single or multi-cat household
- quietly cleans
- unit moves one full rotation per hour, doesn’t startle cat and keeps litter clean 24/7
- easy to remove litter bin can be lined with recycled bag or nothing at all! Save hundreds annually compared to others with special bags or trays estimated yearly to maintain
- no tools required for assembly; no moving parts for optimal safety
PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box Customer Reviews
PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean review by Steven Hernandez
I have had the Petsafe Simply Clean litter box for over a year. I purchased this product from the vendor vice Amazon.
How this is a game changer:
- Bottom line up front – I can’t see myself with any other litter box. This is a great addition to our household. It does the job and does it great!
- I use plastic grocery bags when I go grocery shopping and save them for the container that deposits are dropped into. This is cheaper and easier than purchasing proprietary bags or containers sold by many other manufactures of automatic litter boxes.
- Because cleaning takes place on a regular basis (four times a day, for one hour – according to my timer presets), the litter contamination by deposits over a period of a month is significantly less than regular litter boxes. I find myself doing complete change-outs of the litter on a 45-60 day basis. I replenish on a weekly basis with just a little bit of litter and some Arm and Hammer Cat Litter Deodorizer with Baking Soda. This saves me money and time and makes the cats happy.
- I have gone on a 7 day cruise with my wife; which actually involved myself and my wife being away for nearly 10 days if you take into consideration transit time and hotel stays. I had a friend visit once to make sure cat food and water were well stocked for the cats. She didn’t once need to check on the litter box – because it did its job. Upon our return, the bag was full, but still had room for a day or two more. This box gives me the confidence to leave my cats alone for long periods of time with little supervision, cleanup or maintenance of the litter box.
Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Box review by Stephanie
I love the automation of the product, but it often I have to re-adjust the lid and bowl for the automation to work.
Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter review by MsBunnie
My biggest problem was that the unit can push the lid off pretty easily so I tied a piece of elastic over the ramp lid to hold it down and it’s working great. Also, if you are using cheap litter that has a lot of clay it will gum it up. I was using the Costco stuff, but that can make mud and leave residue on everything so I switched to a Tidy Cat instant action clumping litter and it works really well and smells a lot better too. Don’t put too much in! It will end up on the floor. A little less is better over all.
I have two units and have to check them about 2x a week because my three cats are “well hydrated”. If I don’t get to them the litter clumps back up on the ramp and I need to use a baggie glove to clean them up (this is what lifts the ramp lid and shuts the unit off). The cats have no problem with the size and configuration of the unit, even my 20 pound orange tabby tom cat.
Now that I’ve been through the learning phase, the box is always clean and raked and I never hear it run. It’s just HANDLED!
PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box review by Robert “RNel”
So it’s better than other automatic litter boxes that I’ve seen, but that doesn’t make me feel any better when it broke after less than 9 months.
- It cleans up the litter pretty well, since this is its main function that’s a pretty big win for it.
- Can save you a lot on litter and a lot on time. Keeps the smell down.
- Was noisy. One of my cats still won’t use it after 8+ months. Then again that cat is afraid of anything that moves, but other people have reported the same.
- It’s hard to clean and it gets pretty gross pretty quickly. It’s got lots of nooks and crannies for things litter (and other things) to fall and get stuck in.
- After 8 months one of the plastic treads on it just decided to get totally bent out of shape for and now the whole thing is useless. Ugh!
PetSafe Simply Clean Litter Box Review Verdict
Why you’d buy it: the PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box is probably the most affordable automatic self-cleaning litter boxes on the market
Why you wouldn’t buy it: some people report that it breaks easily; most of those who never had any technical problems reviewed the PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box as the best they ever had