If you have been thinking about getting an automatic cat litter box, I have some good news. Several manufacturers have created automatic litter boxes that can make your life easier. After reading today’s self-cleaning litter box reviews, you’d be confident in your selection.
Although a self-cleaning litter box seems handy, some models don’t always seem to work very well. They are also pretty expensive, so you’ll definitely need to do some research before buying them.
Keep in mind that your cat needs to feel comfortable when using the self-cleaning cat litter box. That’s why most self-cleaning litter boxes come with a money-back guarantee or at least a warranty period. With a money-back guarantee, you can ask your money back if your cat doesn’t like the self-cleaning litter box.
Let’s take a look at the most popular self-cleaning litter boxes on the market.
Self Cleaning Litter Box Reviews
PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box
The PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box works slowly, quietly and continuously so that it doesn’t scare your cat. The PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box doesn’t use disposable litter tray cartridges.
- Dimensions: 20 x 15 x 15 inches
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Price: $
- Rating: 4.4
- the self-cleaning litter box for a single or multi-cat household
- quietly cleans
- unit moves one full rotation per hour, doesn’t startle the cat and keeps litter clean 24/7
- Easy to remove litter bin can be lined with the recycled bag or nothing at all! Save hundreds annually compared to others with special bags or trays estimated yearly to maintain.
- no tools required for assembly; no moving parts for optimal safety
ScoopFree® Self-Cleaning Litter Box
The ScoopFree® Self-Cleaning Litter Box is the latest generation of automatic litter boxes. It offers unbeatable odor control and can be left alone for weeks at a time without scooping, cleaning or refilling. Scoop Free uses disposable litter tray cartridges filled with Premium Blue Crystal litter.
- Dimensions: 27.4 x 19 x 7 inches
- Weight: 21 pounds
- Rating: 3.7
- automatic, no-touch, scoop-free litter box rakes solid waste out of sight
- disposable tray prefilled with Premium Blue Crystals that absorb odor and wetness
- no need to touch, empty, clean or fill litter box for up to 30 days
- designed by MIT-educated cat lovers to keep your pet clean and safe
- box measures 27.5 x 19 x 7 inches; litter area measures 14 x 14 inches; 90-day money-back guarantee
- disposable litter tray has plastic lining that creates a barrier to help protect against leakage
- includes disposable litter tray prefilled with Premium Blue Crystals
- rake automatically sweeps waste into a covered compartment 20 minutes after your cat uses the litter box
- uses disposable litter trays to provide hands-off convenience and unbeatable odor control
- you don’t have to see, touch, or smell messy waste
CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box
The CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box is the world’s only self-flushing, self-washing cat box. You’ll never touch, change or buy cat litter again. The CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box works with granules instead of litter.
Collecting cat waste in a box of litter is unsanitary. Cleaning the mess out is unpleasant and carrying heavy cat litter in and of the home is just plain waste. The CatGenie is dust, germ, odor and litter free and automatically washes, sanitizes and dries itself. The CatGenie has a Two-Year Warranty.
- Dimensions: 24.5 x 19.2 x 21 inches
- Weight: 26 pounds
- Rating: 3.6
- automatic cat box flushes waste away and washes clean
- uses litter-like Washable Granules, not clay litter. To satisfy cats need to dig and cover
- ideal for 1-2 & no more than 3 cats of average size and 6 months or older
- requires hookup to cold water and electrical outlet
- includes biodegradable, recyclable SaniSolution cartridge and 1 box of Washable Granules
Why Choosing A Self-Cleaning Litter Box?
Some people will spend the extra money on a self-cleaning litter box because they like its convenience. Instead of cleaning the litter box after a day of hard work, you can simply sit down and relax with your cat on your lap.
Keep in mind that all electric devices can break, and also, some litter boxes seem to exhibit defects from time to time. You have to ask yourself whether or not it’s worth it to make the investment.
I’m sure that these manufacturers will keep creating better models with improved technology soon. Even more, people will decide to buy a self-cleaning litter box after reading our Self Cleaning Litter Box Reviews.